I was pleasantly surprised to receive the current issue of Intellectual Asset Management Magazine (IAM Issue 50 November/December 2011).
IAM's 50th issue profiles the 50 most significant people, companies and institutions that have shaped the world of IP since the inception of the magazine.
Two of the 50 examples are Steve Jobs and Irwin Jacobs.
Most interesting is that a number of the 50 relate to the work and people of Ocean Tomo:
- Dean Becker and ICAP Patent Brokerage recognized for development of publicly sold ‘Covenants Not to Sue’ (Dean is current Ocean Tomo Director and former Ocean Tomo Managing Director).
- The Licensing Executives Society (LES) is credited as the professional association leading the discussion of IP value creation. I am the current limited term custodian of the LES International office of President.
- I was recognized individually (never thought I would be on the same short list as Steve Jobs!). Our affiliate, the Intellectual Property Exchange International, and the LESI Global Technology Impact Forum are both referenced.
- Ocean Tomo is listed separately for being an innovator and willing to take risks. Here again IPXI is referenced.
- Former Managing Director Andrew Ramer is listed for spearheading the Ocean Tomo Auctions.
Five of the top 50 let alone the only firm besides Microsoft to be referenced more than once! Not bad. One further listing centers on the work of former Ocean Tomo Managing Director John Amster. Congrats to the entire team and let’s keep driving the market!
IAM Magazine Image © Global White Page Ltd