On Thursday, January 21st, 2016, Chicago Women in IP will be hosting its first annual dinner event. The dinner will take place at Nacional 27 in Chicago and is a great opportunity for women in the IP industry to network with other professionals within the IP community.
Molly Keelan, Director of Business Development and Sales at Ocean Tomo, is the founding member of Chicago Women in IP. Having initiated a similar event on the west Coast, Molly saw an opportunity to start a similar group in Chicago, which she felt was an ideal venue for expanding one’s professional network. She founded the group with the goal of creating a Chicago-based IP community dedicated to advancing and retaining women in the intellectual property industry.
As a group, ChiWIP believes there is substantial value in gathering the collective experience of women in the Chicago IP community. The group is dedicated to serving as a resource to:
- Promote the advancement, development and retention of women in IP
- Share best practices and professional resources
- Build professional relationships and advisory role models
- Develop a close-knit network of connections outside of current associations
- Learn new skills for building a book of business, networking, moving from large to mid-size law firms, going in-house and everything in between
- Host monthly personalized advisory committee sessions addressing specific group directed issues confidentially
Earlier this year, ChiWIP hosted their first networking event at Ocean Tomo’s Chicago offices. The inaugural event filled to capacity in under 48 hours of the invitations being distributed and was a huge success.
You can purchase tickets for the January 21st Post-Holiday Dinner event here.