When assertions of error in financial statements are made or when the conduct of professionals is challenged, it is imperative that those assertions and challenges be evaluated by competent professionals who will call it as they see it. That competency and integrity define the Veris from Ocean Tomo practice and professionals.
Veris from Ocean Tomo engagements have involved highly publicized accounting and financial reporting scandals, including accounting and auditor malpractice allegations. Our professionals have provided expert opinions regarding conformity with generally accepted accounting principles on matters such as:
- fair value accounting for complex financial instruments
- accounting for special purpose entities
- revenue recognition
- accounting for and disclosures related to loss contingencies and asset impairments
Our financial forensics professionals have given expert testimony in defense of the presentation of financial statements and auditor compliance with relevant professional standards. In other circumstances, we have provided expert analysis and testimony that previously issued financial statements had been materially misstated and that auditors had failed to discharge their responsibilities under generally accepted auditing standards.
At the cornerstone of every Veris from Ocean Tomo engagement is integrity and objectivity, demonstrated by a rigorous, careful study and evaluation of each case’s facts, circumstances, and merits and a dedication to uncompromising integrity.
Our highly specialized forensic accounting services, specialized expertise in accounting, financial reporting, internal controls, and economic damages analyses sets us apart from our peers.
Our financial forensic expert services work includes:
- investigation of highly publicized corporate financial reporting matters such as Enron, Madoff, and Lehman Brothers
- analyses of some of the largest insolvencies in U.S. history
- investigations of financial reporting and internal controls of failed financial institutions on behalf of federal and state regulators
- fraud investigations, including complex Ponzi type schemes
- comprehensive measurements of economic damage
- finite reinsurance investigations, among others