Michael Cohn, writing last week for Accounting Today, reported on the results of a poll of global anti-fraud professionals conducted by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE), which found that “71% expect the level of fraud impacting their organizations to increase over the next year.”
Discovering the real story during a corporate investigation can be a daunting task. Whether a company is responding to a regulatory inquiry, has suspicions of internal fraud, or is facing other possible financial improprieties, the Veris from Ocean Tomo Corporate Investigations team provides management with unbiased and experienced support to make the right decisions.
The Veris from Ocean Tomo Corporate Investigations professionals provide personalized and timely consulting services to prevent, identify, respond to and recover from commercial exposure. Our work includes many high-profile corporate investigations, including one of the nation’s largest Ponzi schemes to date.
Corporate investigative services provided by Veris from Ocean Tomo, can:
- Recreate events from fragmented or falsified data, separating complex financial transactions and conduct forensic inspections and interviews
- Pinpoint and isolate crucial evidence and provide management or regulators with the findings
- Conduct investigative due diligence and fact-gathering at the beginning of an investigation or preceding a proposed transaction
- Assist with SEC and other regulatory examinations, government inquiries, and investigations
- Deliver confidential and swift responses to high-risk events, including regulatory inquiries and examinations, financial indiscretions and restatements, whistleblower accusations, insufficient disclosures, embezzlement of corporate resources, and shareholder derivative suits
- Present findings through expert testimony at hearings and trials
Veris from Ocean Tomo expands the firm’s financial forensics offerings in the areas of accounting and auditing standards, economic damages, insurance and reinsurance and corporate investigations.