Bankruptcy & Insolvency Litigation
When a company is facing financial distress, or worse, has reached the point of bankruptcy or insolvency, there is a critical need for expertise, flexibility, and integrity from those providing service to the company and its counsel, creditors and counterparties. Those professionals must also possess the unique skillset that comes from significant experience in bankruptcy and solvency matters. These qualities are embodied in the professionals at Ocean Tomo.
Our Bankruptcy & Insolvency Financial Expert Credentials
Ocean Tomo professionals have provided assistance to distressed companies, their counsel, receivers, and regulators. Our bankruptcy and insolvency litigation engagements have included, but are not limited to, the following:
- assessing the causes of financial distress, bankruptcy and/or insolvency
- performing analysis and evaluation of potential fraudulent conveyance and preferential transfer, clawbacks and other matters of asset recovery
- performing valuations of businesses and/or their remaining assets, including intellectual property (IP) and other intangible assets
- valuation to support the allocation of sales proceeds
- advisory and valuation to support structuring and transfer of IP rights to be used as security for new debt
- evaluating the business operations of a company out of compliance with loan requirements
- investigating fraud and other misconduct by management or employees
- assessing the conduct of third parties that potentially caused, or failed to prevent, the financial hardship of the distressed company
Meet Our Bankruptcy & Insolvency Financial Experts
Companies facing financial distress and turmoil are operating under enormous pressure, facing complex and confidential matters, and typically face time sensitive deadlines. Ocean Tomo professionals are uniquely able to respond swiftly with technical expertise and a professional demeanor to assist these companies and counsel navigate the complexities surrounding litigation and bankruptcy and restructuring related matters.
Our engagements have included providing expert testimony and consulting services regarding liability matters and potentially resulting economic damages. We routinely work with regulators and receivers in bankruptcy and insolvency matters and are actively involved in organizations that serve those practitioners.
Bankruptcy & Insolvency Featured Engagements
For expertise specific to accounting, financial reporting, internal controls, and economic damages analysis, Ocean Tomo has no peer. Our services are built upon more than three decades of experience in the most rigorous venues – state, federal, and international courts – and spans more than 150 different industry segments. Because our past success provides the best indication of our capabilities, we are proud to feature a few representative engagements and encourage potential clients to seek references from both past clients and opposing counsel.
Financial Expert Resources
- Bankruptcy Litigation Brochure
- Accounting & Auditing Standards Litigation Brochure
- Corporate Investigations Brochure
- Corporate Restructuring Brochure
- Expert Testimony Brochure
- Expert Testimony Professionals Brochure
- Featured Engagements Brochure
- Financial Damages Brochure
- Insurance & Reinsurance Brochure
- Valuation in Bankruptcy Brochure