Discovering the real story during a corporate investigation can be a daunting task. Whether a company is responding to a regulatory inquiry, has suspicions of internal fraud or is facing other possible financial improprieties, Ocean Tomo’s corporate investigations team provides management with unbiased and experienced support to make the right decisions, manage business risk and ensure regulatory compliance.
Our corporate investigations experts provide personalized and timely consulting services to prevent, identify, respond to, and recover from commercial exposure. Our financial experts are Certified Public Accountants (CPA), Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE), Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) and Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) professionals who are deeply experienced in financial investigation techniques that support the ever-evolving needs of corporate executives, counsel, and regulators.
We have been involved with many high-profile corporate investigations, both internal and those undertaken by 3rd parties, such as embezzlement of corporate resources, fraud investigations, whistleblower accusations, and other forms of corporate misconduct, including one of the nation’s largest Ponzi schemes to date.
Ocean Tomo Corporate Investigation Financial Expert Credentials
Ocean Tomo has the expertise and experience to conduct financial investigations that:
- recreate events from fragmented or falsified data, separating complex financial transactions and conducting forensic inspections and interviews.
- pinpoint and isolate crucial evidence and provide management or regulators with the findings.
- conduct investigative due diligence and fact-gathering at the beginning of an investigation or preceding a proposed transaction.
- assist with SEC and other regulatory examinations, government inquiries and investigations.
- deliver confidential and swift responses to high-risk events, including regulatory inquiries and examinations, financial indiscretions and restatements, whistleblower accusations, insufficient disclosures, embezzlement of corporate resources, and shareholder derivative suits.
- provide litigation support and present our findings through expert testimony at hearings and trial.
Meet Our Corporate Investigations Financial Experts
Corporate Investigations Featured Engagements
For expertise specific to accounting, financial reporting, and internal controls, and economic damages, Ocean Tomo has no peer. Our services are built upon more than three decades of experience in the most rigorous venues – state, federal, and international courts – and spans more than 150 different industry segments. Because our past success provides the best indication of our capabilities, we are proud to feature a few representative engagements and encourage potential clients to seek references from both past clients and opposing counsel.
Financial Expert Resources
- Corporate Investigations Brochure
- Accounting & Auditing Standards Litigation Brochure
- Antitrust Litigation Brochure
- Bankruptcy & Insolvency Litigation Brochure
- Expert Testimony Brochure
- Expert Testimony Professionals
- Featured Engagements Brochure
- Financial Damages Brochure
- Insurance & Reinsurance Brochure